2010/04/20

The listening note on ESL Podcast 572

ESL Podcast 572 – Blowing the Whistle at Work

This is a conversation between Becky and Saeed in the company. I choose this one because I'm interested in the topic. When I first saw it, i thought does it  mean really blow the whistle ? or it has fiurative meaning. I learned some new words here.

1. to blow the whistle: to tell someone about something that is wrong in your company or organization, especially tell your boss about other colleague's wrong behavior.

2. ramification: consequences or implications after you do something

3.no two ways about it: no doubt that this can happen only in one way

4. on the line: something in danger, at risks

5. get out: secret information become public

6. protect interests: make sure you don't get hurt

7. be in knee-deep: be very much involved in it, usuallt in bad things.

In this conversation, most of the new words are idioms or words that have figurative meanings. I like this episode because the new phrases are interesting and meaningful. Except listening once in the class, even the second time, I still find it is good to listen to because the speed is quite slow and clear.

1 則留言: